All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Human Resource Specialist
Our client produces medical education programs.
The Human Resource Specialist coordinates functions such as employment, training, employee relations and performance management. This position serves as a resource for employees and management and ensures compliance with employment laws and company policies, procedures, and reporting requirements. Company is actively searching for an organized, self motivated, positive, proactive individual to join the team as a Human Resource Specialist. The Human Resource Specialist will assist the company by providing the following support:
- Conducts recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt employees; coordinates the requisition process, writes and places advertisements, reviews applications, conducts interviews, selects job applicants for open positions, and performs background/reference checks; tracks applicants throughout the employment process; ensures compliance with federal and state employment regulations
- Creates and maintains up-to-date written job descriptions
- Crafts effective recruitment sourcing strategies to build a strong candidate pipeline; builds and maintains relationships with employment agencies, universities, and other recruitment sources; manages and negotiates employment contracts and fees as appropriate
- Partners with management to help oversee and manage headcounts
- Manages the new employee on boarding process; ensures that the appropriate new-hire paperwork is completed accurately; assists managers as necessary with their on boarding responsibilities.
- Partners with management to develop succession plans and strategies; assists in identifying training and development needs to support the plan.
- Works with leadership to determine annual employee and management training needs; coordinates resources and/or facilitates sessions as needed
- Provides management with appropriate training in the areas of interviewing, effective performance appraisals, effective counseling techniques, and documentation of performance issues
- Employee Relations
- Assists in developing and implementing personnel policies and procedures; partners with management to communicate human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations; handles on-going interpretation and tracking of policies and procedures
- Participates in developing human resource goals, objectives, and systems; assists in evaluating and recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve effectiveness.
- Coordinates responses to federal/state/local regulatory agencies (e.g., EEOC, DOL) when necessary, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Performance Management
- Coordinates the performance management program (e.g., performance review process, employee coaching and feedback, employee development); regularly drives reviews of the program and supporting tools and documents; makes recommendations for change as necessary
- Provides managers with support and coaching on performance management; ensures timely completion of reviews for all employees; follows-up on outstanding reviews; trains management on best practices
Education and Experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with human resource policy creation
- Demonstrated results in recruitment and selection
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex issues
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and/or law
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of various HR systems, including applicant tracking systems, etc.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field is required
- Minimum of three years of HR generalist experience is required
- PHR/SPHR designation is highly desirable