All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Associate Scientific Director
Work At Home
An accredited, full-service medical education company with an excellent work environment and top-notch client roster. They are involved in the research, design, and implementation of educational programs for health care professionals.
The Associate Scientific Director is responsible for managing the writing and editing aspects of educational materials developed and produced. This includes original content development, faculty and client support and communications, and collaborating with other content developers. The incumbent is responsible for the quality, scientific accuracy and integrity, and timeliness of assigned projects. To accomplish these tasks, the Associate Scientific Director will interact in person and remotely with publishers; audiovisual, slide, and transcription vendors; and other account team members and company divisions.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Participates in meetings and strategic discussions with clients.
- Participates in the execution of established deliverables required for various programs and projects, adhering to project parameters including deadlines, budget, and content specifications
- Manages the development and completion of program syllabi, including writing, editing, faculty contact and approvals, and production; and is responsible for the quality, scientific accuracy and integrity, and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Reviews, proofreads/edits meeting agendas, program announcements, faculty lists, faculty and client correspondence, and other project-related materials and communications.
- Defines, identifies and works with clients and faculty on the development of medical education materials including: monographs, slides, manuscripts, videotapes/CD-ROMs, and other enduring materials.
- Prepares a range of meeting summaries (e.g. executive summaries, top line summaries, highlights). Reviews/assesses meeting transcripts as needed.
- Assists client team and faculty with pre-program content development (e.g. abstracts, slides, etc.) with regard to issues of presentation content, length, content overlap with other presenters, and meeting program objectives.
- Participates in new program concept development and proposal design and writing.
- Assures that written materials and slides meet project objectives and contain appropriate scientific messages, marketing messages and learning objectives when available.
- Manages on-site slide review with client team, and other faculty presenters as applicable.
- Oversees activities of audiovisual staff to assure an optimal meeting environment and smooth flow of presentations. This includes serving as the liaison with the faculty presenters and audiovisual team members.
- Initiates discussions with Project Managers regarding any potential barriers to successful project completion that may arise (deadline, hours, budget, etc.) and suggest solutions that address client and company needs.
- Adheres to project parameters including deadlines, budget, and content limitations.
- Tracks the work of researchers, copyeditors and freelance writers/editors throughout the development process to ensure on-time delivery.
- Assists in the editorial needs of medical education projects including gathering references for educational programs.
- Travels to and manages on-site editorial needs for live meetings.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree or PhD (in life sciences) or PharmD is preferred.
- Minimum of two to five (2-5) years of clinical, writing, publishing and/or pharmaceutical experience.
- Experience in medical education, marketing/strategic planning, and the journal publication process is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret scientific data.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects with limited direction and work within tight deadlines are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position has been filled and is posted for archival information only. Feel free to submit a resume with the button below for any future openings.
If you would like to see similar positions, please visit this link.