All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Senior Account Manager
An accredited, full-service medical education company with an excellent work environment and top-notch client roster. They are involved in the research, design, and implementation of educational programs for health care professionals.
This position is responsible for simultaneously managing all aspects of multiple medical communications projects (actual number dependent on type of project) from inception to completion. This position may be structured so that the individual manages a major area of an account such as all initiatives that support a certain indication rather then a set of "one off" projects.
These responsibilities entail the facilitation of multidisciplinary project teams, interfacing with each department within the company, meeting client and management expectations, establishing strong faculty and client relationships, and ensuring that programs remain on target and within agreed-upon parameters. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for budget development, maintenance and reconciliation, managing external suppliers, keeping programs on time and focused on primary objectives, providing ongoing updates to internal team members and client contact(s), and resource management. The number of simultaneous programs managed by each Senior Account Manager is dependent on the scope and nature of each initiative. However, the Senior Account Manager should be able to successfully drive the development of multiple programs in a given area without significant oversight and/or involvement from the Account Director. In some cases, the Senior Account Manager may have direct reports, such as a Account Coordinator, reporting to him/her, however this is not a requirement of the position.
In order to perform these functions, the Senior Account Manager must have strong verbal and written communication skills. He/she must also be highly organized, have experience leading multidisciplinary teams, be adept at multitasking and prioritizing activities, have strong financial management skills, and be able/eager to motivate others.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and faculty members.
- Maintain and manage timely and professional written and verbal communications with clients and faculty members.
- Ensure client expectations are met on all levels of program activity.
- Establish and maintain a strong knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and medical education.
- Develop new project budgets.
- Contribute to new business development activities within the account team.
- Assist Account Director and/or Vice President in skills development and mentoring of team members.
- Manage budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual projects.
- Schedule and conduct start-up, interim and final team meetings for each project, establish and maintain time and events schedules, and provide ongoing updates to client and team as required by account team on each initiative to ensure successful management and completion.
- Facilitate progress of multidisciplinary project teams to ensure within-budget, on time, on strategy performance.
- Oversee and facilitate development of all project activities, including faculty recruitment and ongoing communication, audience generation, content development, logistics management, registration/participant communication, production of materials, supplier performance, central file management.
- Assist in training new account team members as required.
- Understand and adhere to all guidelines and ensure they are communicated, understood and followed by teams.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in science or business is preferred.
- Five to seven years relevant job experience and experience in a healthcare communications environment is required.
- Marketing and/or communications project management experience in a medical or healthcare environment is required as is the ability to grasp and retain scientific information. Computer aptitude (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet) is a must.