All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Educational Outcomes Specialist
Our client is an ACCME-accredited medical education company, devoted to identifying unmet needs in physician education and clinical competence.
The Educational Outcomes Specialist (EOS) will serve as a leader in outcomes measurement for our client’s medical education program. The EOS will analyze the impact of educational programs and compose reports for both internal analysis and translation to external stakeholders. The EOS will work with both internal and freelance medical writers to design questions intended to accurately measure the impact of educational programs. The EOS will liaise with and maintain regular communication with program management to assist in tracking/meeting of timelines and ensuring work is completed within the assigned budget. The EOS will also represent the Medical Content Services (MCS) group in debrief meetings for executed programs and will be expected to both present and provide context for all educational outcomes metrics. The EOS will be secondarily responsible for crafting educational gap analyses for potential CME projects and for assisting in completion of CME documentation. The EOS will work closely with the Director of Educational Design to assist in translation of persisting educational need into gap analyses for potential company-led programs and curricula. The EOS may also on occasion serve as the medical writer for educational content. In this role, the EOS will liaise with recruited faculty to guide the content development process. Therefore, the ideal candidate, in addition to strong outcomes measurement and gap analysis skills, will bring strong medical writing skills, including an understanding of and ability to integrate adult learning principles into content design.
The successful candidate should have:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Background in statistical analysis
- High aptitude for technical question writing
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles
- High internal motivation
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Ability to consistently meet reasonable deadlines as defined by program management staff
- Flexibility in the face of shifting priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences from an accredited college or university, ideally combined with a Master’s degree, PhD, PharmD, RN, or MD
- MS or PhD with experience in medical communications or pharmaceutical field strongly preferred
- 2+ years in CME, with experience in outcomes analysis (Senior candidates 4+ years)
- 1+ year of experience in writing of educational gap analyses/needs assessments (Senior candidates 3+ years)
- Experience in medical writing, including question writing for specialty audiences in Hematology/Oncology and/or Neurology strongly preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software
This position has been filled and is posted for archival information only. Feel free to submit a resume with the button below for any future openings.
If you would like to see similar positions, please visit this link.