All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Assistant Medical Director
Full-service, Continuing Medical Education (CME) agency that services strategic development and implementation of long-term medical education programs.
The role of the Assistant Medical Director is to support the scientific creation and development of medical education or commercial materials for distribution as contracted by pharmaceutical clientele while under the supervision of a senior-level medical director.
Milestones to achieve for career advancement
- To support single- or multiple-brand projects and programs in which the development of medical education or commercial materials is directly supervised by a senior-level medial director.
- To acquire academic/clinical mastery of product brands.
- To become an expert in your assigned therapeutic discipline with respect to clinical development and literature regarding your products.
- To become aware of product market share as well as marketing and medical communication strategies of the client.
- To assist senior-level medical directors and their products as necessary.
- To established his or her director-related role.
- The assistant director will attend staff and Scientific Services meetings and report on job progress and departmental inefficiencies.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the production of product monographs, faculty slide kits, executive summary, and original and secondary articles for commercial or education purposes.
- Other responsibilities may be delegated by senior-level medical directors.
- Produces successful products that have been delivered to clientele.
- Acquires a level of independence consistent with advancement to the associate level. Managing your time, responsibilities, and client work effectively are essential for career development and quality of deliverables presented to clientele.
- Demonstrates proficiency, excellence, and consistency in the duties described above.
- Has established efficient working relationships with program directors.
- MD or PhD in biomolecular or biomedical sciences.
- 0-2 years experience in the medical communication/education industry.
- The candidate will have expertise in the basic science of the proposed therapeutic target area with the ability to rapidly acquire new information pertaining to the development and execution of medical marketing initiatives of the pharmaceutical industry.
- A strong publication record should highlight the writing abilities of the candidate.
- Excellent written and oral skills will be required that pertain to brand-specific scientific communications, clinical and academic.
- Proficiency in MS Office and EndNote is required.