All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
An accredited, full-service medical education company with an excellent work environment and top-notch client roster. They are involved in the research, design, and implementation of educational programs for health care professionals.
The Account Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of his/her account management team. This position includes both internal and external responsibilities. Internal responsibilities include the direct management and mentoring of all account team staff within the business unit, contributing to brainstorming and start-up of new programs, troubleshooting, facilitating inter-departmental communication, providing monthly reports and new business forecasts to senior management, participating in management team meetings and sub-committees, and contributing to new business development efforts.
External responsibilities include establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and key faculty, liaison with relevant medical associations and institutions, and presenting innovative ideas and exploiting new business opportunities with current clients.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, key faculty, and relevant associations and/or institutions.
- Ensure client expectations are met on all levels of account activity by maintaining ongoing communication (written and verbal) with client and account team members and troubleshooting problems/issues as necessary.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and medical education.
- Oversee budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual projects.
- Pursue, negotiate, and sign new business within current accounts by writing proposals, developing new business presentations, and regular on site client meetings.
- Achieve or overachieve revenue for a given year for each account.
- Maintain company policies and CME (DCME, ACCME, ACPE) guidelines.
- Hire, train, establish individualized career development plans, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct performance evaluations with direct reports.
- Update senior management on account team activity, new business opportunities, financial analyses and projections.
- Assign and manage account team workload.
- Work with department managers to identify and manage internal and external resources.
- Facilitate conflict resolution within and between departments or between account team members.
- Participate in Management Team meetings and task forces.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- An advanced degree in science or business is preferred.
- Seven plus years relevant job experience, including management responsibilities, interdisciplinary team involvement, marketing and/or communications within a scientific setting is required.
- Management experience in one or more of the following settings: pharmaceutical manufacturer, biotech, managed care, hospital, medical communications company, or healthcare advertising agency is preferred.
- The ability to quickly grasp and retain scientific and technical concepts is required.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, strong presentation skills and business development skills are also required.