All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
A healthcare communications company.
As Account Supervisor, you will be responsible for building client relationships and trust by leading project management initiatives across client teams. You will work with all levels of the organization and optimize internal team processes and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Client Relations
- Cultivate client relationships and provide instruction or guidance to clients when needed
- Partner with Scientific Director in providing direction to Creative to ensure client needs are met
- Review content of all client deliverables
- Develop agenda and facilitate external client meetings to ensure efficient use of client time
- Draft or review contact reports from client/author teleconferences
- Project Management
- Participate in publications planning with Scientific Director
- Lead all internal project development and project management
- Ensure team resources are in place and projects flowing properly
- Ensure adherence to quality standards (accurate, on time, on budget)
- Modify and review task orders as appropriate
- Actively participate and contribute to business development initiatives (ie, identify opportunities and promote adjacent services to client, participate in pitches, draft proposals, and contribute to RFP response)
- Assist in development of and maintain adherence to communication strategy
- Ensure project kick-off occurs in timely fashion and involves appropriate team representatives
- Coordinate on-site congress activities
- Contribute to development of agendas for pubs planning, advisory boards, symposia, etc
- Oversee internal meetings to ensure efficiency
- Management and Leadership
- Day-to-day activity management and direction of internal teams
- Close collaboration with Scientific Director to optimize leadership of team
- Supervise, develop, and mentor Account Coordinators and lower level Account Executives
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Fiscal monitoring, reconciliation and accountability
- Work in conjunction with SD to develop annual/monthly forecasts and team staffing plan
- Budget development and reconciliation
- Oversight of fiscal burn rate
- Promptly and transparently communicate budget info to client
- Develop and distribute project addenda promptly when needed
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, technical communications, or science.
- 5+ years experience in publishing, pharmaceuticals or biotech, and/or technical communications. A background or experience in customer service and client management is preferred
- In depth understanding of market dynamics in therapeutic area
- Solid understanding of publication tactics including primary and secondary manuscripts and congress activities (abstracts, posters, orals, etc)
- Solid comprehension of medical terminology
- Solid understanding of drug development phases
- The ability to establish and work within deadlines, while being flexible.
- Strong linear thinking skills and process and systems orientation.
- Experience estimating costs and developing budgets.
- Prior supervisory experience and the ability to motivate others to attain goals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The availability and willingness to travel
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Punctual, responsive, Self-motivated and reliable
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and internet research