All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Vice President, Group Account Director
Full-service, Continuing Medical Education (CME) agency that services strategic development and implementation of long-term medical education programs.
Our client is currently seeking a Vice President, Group Account Director. This talented individual will lead the strategic development of medical education/communication plans from strategic concept development through implementation and execution. He/she will be responsible for driving organic growth, managing account and cross-functional teams, and developing/overseeing strategy and the execution of multiple initiatives leveraging scientific acumen and tactical experience.
- Leads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes. Identifies and seeks out new business opportunities and expansion of existing accounts.
- Presents company’s capabilities to ensure clients have a clear understanding of the company’s complete offerings
- Effectively develops, organizes, and delivers compelling oral presentations from one-on-one client meetings to group new business pitches.
- Develops and generates written proposals to meet clients’ marketing strategies. Leads and participates in client pitches.
- Builds and maintains strong client relationships.
- Advises clients on message development and marketing strategies.
- Serves as a senior resource for client to continuously monitor company/client relationship and ensure resolution of day-to-day account issues.
- Initiates and leads in strategic and brainstorming sessions to support and grow clients’ businesses.
- Interfaces with clients and key opinion leaders to help facilitate initiatives.
- Directs the strategic development of projects and programs.
- Performs overall account analysis to enhance profitability through operational changes, staffing changes, client renegotiations, etc.
- Is responsible for managing to all client and project-level financial targets, including bottom line profitability and topline revenue.
- Ensures that projects and programs are completed accurately, on time, and within budget. Responsible for overall profitability and growth of accounts.
- Motivates and leads a high performance account team; attracts, recruits, and retains members; mentoring and enabling professional growth and career development.
- Directs and manages account staff day-to-day, overseeing execution of all account initiatives from inception through completion.
- Interfaces and collaborates with management within other departments of the organization to ensure continuity, quality, and timely product end results.
- Keeps abreast of market news, trends, and competitive activity
- Understands and upholds company’s mission and values
Direction of Others:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 7-10 years agency-side scientific strategy, medical communication, and/or clinician focused healthcare marketing experience and/or speakers bureau background a plus
- Minimum 5 years experience managing cross-functional and direct-report teams of 5-10
- Oncology therapeutic area, helpful but not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong presentation skills; ability to influence others
- Team-building capabilities
- Proficient in areas of management and development
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Strong strategic and analytical capabilities
- Sound judgment capabilities
- Detail oriented and able to effectively multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 4-5 account team members (from Senior Account Directors to Account Coordinators)
- Approximately 20% for West Coast clients