All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Associate Director, Scientific Services
An international healthcare communications company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Associate Director, Scientific Services is engaged to fill 3 fundamental functions:
- Lead one or more product teams
- Serve as primary point of contact for members of clients’ internal teams
- Supervise staff, freelance writers, and editors
- Take primary responsibility for conceiving communications strategy and recommending tactical programs to meet identified strategic objectives
- Manage the creation of content for deliverables specified in, or supportive of, communications plans consistent with company and client guidelines, using industry best practices
- Direct development, editing, and review of content
- Collaborate closely with client and external authors on projects
- Confirm medical accuracy and proper referencing
- Ensure smooth flow of all projects through company and client approval processes
- Projects may include print, electronic, or digital publications, presentations, or other materials created in support of medical publications or promotional communications plans.
- Preferred: advanced degree in life sciences (eg, PhD, PharmD, MD)
- 7+ years of experience in communications planning and execution in oncology. This may include work on publications or MedEd projects, in communications agencies, or in pharma companies
- A minimum of 2 years of experience directing medical writers is desirable
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices (eg, GPP2, PhRMA code, etc) and editorial style guides, including AMA Manual of Style, 10th Ed.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and all MSOffice programs for PCs; type over 30 wpm