All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Outcomes Research Project Manager
A scientific agency and consultancy dedicated to providing research, strategic direction, and communications solutions.
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project/study lifecycle. Project management will include activities such as proposal development, medical literature searches, KOL management, advisory board content development, protocol development, managing IRB submissions, enrollment tracking and facilitating milestone accomplishment.
- Assist with the development of proposals
- Conduct internet and literature searches using available data such as PubMed, EMBASE, Medline, Cochrane Collection, and other tertiary medical information sources.
- Develop study/project protocols with clinical staff, sponsors, and investigators
- Establish timelines and milestones with sponsor and internal staff
- Lead site recruitment activities for projects/studies
- Manage aspects of IRB approvals, including applications and ongoing communication
- Train field personnel on protocol procedures for data acquisition
- Oversee ongoing project/study activities to assure adherence to the protocol and maintenance of milestone accomplishment
- Oversee data management and quality in collaboration with analytic and data management staff
- Generate progress reports for internal and sponsor use
- Generate various forms of ongoing communication required for the sponsor and other participants, such as letters, e-mail correspondence, or phone calls
- Produce final project/study report and presentation of the project/study findings with clinical and biostatistical staff, including creation of graphical output from the data
- Prepare abstracts and manuscripts for submission with clinical and biostatistical staff
- Lead the development, scheduling, and implementation of meetings related to projects and studies (packet preparation, attend session in leadership role, take notes/minutes and transcribe, etc.)
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work necessary to support projects and studies
- Minimum of a MS/MPH degree in epidemiology, nursing, or other health sciences
- Appropriate education may be substituted on equivalent basis
- Minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience in the pharmaceutical industry, contract research, outcomes research, or related field
- Excellent project management and organizational skills (attention to detail, multi-tasking, ability to constantly re-prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are crucial for interaction with clients and internal staff
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible in taking on and performing assignments as necessary
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel
- Knowledge of statistics and health economics and outcomes research methods is desirable
- Knowledge and experience with clinical coding, including: ICD9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS is desirable