All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
A firm specializing in health care communications and strategic consulting in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Department and Position Overview:
A Copy Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to own and oversee all writing responsibility for assigned agency accounts. Job responsibilities encompass elements of both writing and management. Daily actions include research and development of material for pharmaceutical clients and biotech business; participation in internal and client-facing strategic development and brainstorming sessions; and writing and supervising freelance and/or staff writers on projects related to assigned brands.
The Copy Supervisor performs independent research and works with a variety of scientific materials to develop a range of pieces for professional, industry and patient audiences, as well as sales force training pieces.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
Education or Equivalent:
- Writes and edits engaging, relevant copy; sets an example with consistently high standards of writing
- Takes ownership of a brand or brands; maintains deep knowledge base of all messaging-related information pertaining to the brand
- Ensures brand-specific style is consistent throughout jobs
- Participates in strategic/creative brainstorming sessions that produce innovative, medically-sound ideas
- Delegates projects to staff/freelance as needed; ensures proper utilization of all copy resources
- Directs writers on project assignments—provides relevant background materials, brand-specific insights, style guides and guidance in terms of preferred tone and messaging.
- Helps prepare materials for med-legal submission
- Works as part of agency team to achieve the client’s objectives through strategically sound concepts and impactful message strategies
- Works closely with AD, Client Services, Creative management and Production on assigned accounts to produce effective themes, campaigns, etc
- Attends all internal brand status meetings
- Attends client input meetings for new projects as needed
- Participates in client-agency meetings; uses client-facing skills to enhance the agency relationships
- Proactively monitors the progress of assigned projects and reports back to supervisor through each phase of development, i.e., research, draft, layout, and production
- Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients
- Addresses queries from client services and/or medical support team
- BA in English or life sciences
- 5-7 years of agency/medical writing experience
- 1+ years agency experience supervising creative for a brand or brands
- Maintains and/or exceeds minimum billable utilization percentages for position level
- Works within and manages to budgeted labor hours to ensure job profitability
- Meets all deadlines, or secures advanced approval if additional time is needed
- Attends regular copy status meetings with Creative Director
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and a strong command of the English language
- Proficient in American Medical Association (AMA) style
- Familiarity with FDA/DDMAC regulations and guidelines
- Established editing and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
- High-level interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to obtain the necessary direction on projects and set expectations accordingly